Netflix is a global leader in streaming services that offers access to thousands TV shows, movies and original programming. This article will walk you through the steps of installing Netflix on your Windows 7 PC, so that your favorite content is just a few clicks away.
Make sure that your Windows 7 computer meets Netflix’s system requirements before you start.
- Internet connection
- Netflix account
- Latest versions of Internet Explorer Firefox or Google Chrome
- Microsoft Silverlight – the latest version is available
You’ll have to update your system if you don’t see any of them.
How to Create a Netflix Account
You’ll have to create a Netflix account if you don’t currently have one. Click “Sign Up” on the Netflix website and follow the instructions to create your account.
Selecting a Subscription Plan
Netflix offers a variety of subscription plans. Netflix Basic Plan allows you to view Netflix in Standard Definition on one screen. Standard allows you to watch Netflix on two screens simultaneously and in HD. The Premium plan allows you to watch Ultra HD on up to four screens simultaneously.
Set up your payment information
Netflix requires that you use a valid method of payment. You can pay with a credit card, debit card or PayPal. You will be charged monthly for your chosen payment method unless you cancel.
Installing Netflix on Your Windows 7 Computer
You can now install Netflix on Windows 7 after you’ve created a Netflix account. Here’s how:
- Open a web browser. You can use Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Go to the Netflix website. Type in into the address bar, and then press Enter.
- Sign into your Netflix account. Click the “Sign In” button in the upper right corner, and then enter your email address.
- Install Silverlight. Netflix streams using Microsoft Silverlight. Netflix will ask you to install Silverlight if you do not already have it. You will be given instructions on the screen.
- Start watching Netflix: Once Silverlight has been installed, you can begin watching Netflix in your web browser.
Installing Netflix on a desktop shortcut
You can create a shortcut on your desktop to make it easier for you to access Netflix.
- Open Netflix: Use the steps below to open Netflix on your web browser.
- Resize the browser: Make certain you can view both your desktop screen and Netflix’s webpage.
- Create a shortcut: Click on the icon next to Netflix’s website address and drag it onto your desktop.
It is easy to install Netflix on Windows 7 computers. It only takes a Netflix account and a web browser compatible with it, plus a few minutes. You’ll be able to access a variety of entertainment options from the comforts of your home once you have set everything up. Enjoy your streaming experience.