Modern Warfare 2 has been a hit first-person shooter that has captured the hearts of millions around the world. Like any other game it is not immune from errors and glitches. Dev Error 1155 is a common problem that players encounter. This error can be frustrating as it interrupts gameplay and stops users from having fun.
This article will provide you with a step by step guide to help fix Dev Error 1155. You’ll soon be able to play Modern Warfare 2 again if you follow the instructions.
Understanding Dev Error 11557
What is Dev error 11557?
Dev Error 1155 is a common error that can occur while playing Modern Warfare 2. It usually occurs during the loading process of the game, or when starting a multiplayer session. The error message will usually display a code followed by a short description of the issue.
Possible Causes of DevError 11557
Dev Error 115557 is not caused by a single factor, but there are some factors that can cause it. This includes:
- Update or repair game files that are corrupted or outdated
- Incompatible or outdated graphics drivers
- Software Conflicts
- Insufficient system resources
How to fix Dev Error 1155?
Follow the steps in order to fix Dev Error 1155. Continue trying other solutions if the first one doesn’t resolve the problem.
Step 1: Update Modern Warfare 2.
To fix Dev Error 115557, you must first ensure that all your game files are current. Updates and patches are frequently released by game developers to fix bugs and enhance performance. Update your game by following these simple steps:
- Open your gaming platform (Steam, Battle.net, etc.)
- Browse to your library
- Modern Warfare 2 should be listed in your games list
- Install any updates that are available.
Try launching the game if an update is available. If the error persists, move on to the next step.
Step 2: Update graphics drivers
Dev Errors 11557 can also be caused by outdated or incompatible graphic drivers. Follow these steps to update your graphics driver:
- Identify the graphics card you have (NVIDIA AMD or Intel).
- Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s site for your graphics card model.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the new driver
- After the installation, restart your computer.
Modern Warfare 2 will be launched to see if the problem has been resolved. If the error persists, proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Run Modern Warfare 2 Administrator
Modern Warfare 2 can be run with administrative privileges to resolve Dev Error 1155, since it gives the game the permissions necessary for it to work correctly. How to run the game with administrative privileges:
- Find the Modern Warfare 2 executable (normally found in the game installation folder).
- Click on the file, then select “Properties”.
- Click on the “Compatibility Tab”
- Select “Run as administrator” by checking the box.
- Click “Apply”, then “OK”.
Launch the game again to check if it has been fixed. Continue to the next step if not.
Step 4: Disable background applications
Sometimes, background applications and software conflict can cause
Dev Error 11557. By disabling background applications, you can potentially fix the problem and free up system resources. To disable background applications, follow these steps:
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+ Shift+ Esc.
- Click on the “Processes Tab”
- Look for applications that consume system resources (CPU/Memory/Disk).
- Click on “End Task” and right-click each application that is not essential.
Launch Modern Warfare 2 after closing all background programs and verify if you have resolved the issue. If the problem persists, continue to the next step.
Step 5: Verify Game Files
Dev Error 11557 can be caused by corrupted or missing files. By checking the integrity of game files, you can identify any problems. How to verify the integrity of game files across different gaming platforms
For Steam :
- Steam Client Open
- Browse to your library
- Click on Modern Warfare 2 in the right-click menu and choose “Properties”.
- Click on the “Local Files Tab”
- Click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files”
For Battle.net :
- Battle.net Client: Open it
- Browse to your library
- Click on Modern Warfare 2.
- Select “Scan and repair” from the drop-down menu “Options”.
If Dev Error 115557 still persists, launch the game again to check. If the error persists, continue to the next step.
Reinstall Modern Warfare 2.
Reinstalling Modern Warfare 2 may help to resolve any issues that remain. Reinstalling the game can result in losing saved data. Be sure to backup your files first. How to reinstall Modern Warfare 2.
- Remove the game from Steam, Battle.net or other gaming platforms.
- Restart your computer
- Follow the instructions on the screen to reinstall the game
Launch the game to see if Dev Error 115557 has been resolved.
Modern Warfare 2 users may find Dev Error 1155 frustrating. However, with this step-by-step article’s guide, you can fix the issue and enjoy your game again. Keep your game files, graphics drivers and game running with administrative privileges updated to reduce the chance of future errors. Enjoy your gaming!