Google Classroom allows students and teachers to engage in online learning and collaborate. Google Classroom has many benefits. However, there are times when you need to unenroll a class. This could be because of completing the course, moving to another institution or just wanting to clean up your virtual workspace. This article provides a step-bystep guide to help you unenroll from Google Classroom.
1. Google Classroom Access
You must first access Google Classroom to begin the unenrollment process. To access Google Classroom, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have a steady internet connection.
- Open your preferred web browser and navigate to the Google Classroom website.
- Use your Google Account credentials to log in. Use the Google Classroom account that is associated with the Google Classroom from which you wish to unenroll.
2. Find the classroom you want to unenroll from
After successfully logging in, a list will appear of the classes that you are currently enrolled. Follow these steps to locate the class that you want to unenroll.
- You can unenroll by scanning through the list and identifying the class that you wish to leave.
- Click on the three horizontal bars in the upper left corner of the screen if you can’t find the class. Click on “All Classes” to view a list of all your classes.
- Find the class that you wish to drop from this list.
3. Unregister from Google Classroom
Follow these steps after you have located the class that you want to drop.
- Click on the thumbnail or class card to access the Google Classroom.
- Click on the “People’ tab in the upper left corner of the screen. This tab displays a list with all the students and teachers enrolled in this class.
- Look for your name on the list of students.
- Click on the three vertical dots located next to your name (also called the “More button”).
- Select “Unenroll” from the drop-down list.
- You will be asked to confirm the decision by a pop-up window. To confirm your decision, click on “Unenroll”.
4. Confirming Your Unenrollment
Follow these steps to ensure you’ve successfully unenrolled yourself from Google Classroom:
- Click on the three horizontal bars in the upper-left corner and select “Classes.”
- Verify that the class from which you have unenrolled is not visible in the list.
- Repeat the process of unenrollment outlined in section 1. If the problem persists, contact your teacher or Google Classroom Support for assistance.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding unenrolling in Google Classroom.
Q: Can you rejoin Google Classroom after de-enrolling from it?
You can rejoin Google Classroom even if you have unenrolled. You will require the class code, or a fresh invitation from your teacher, to rejoin. Remember that previous grades or work may not be restored if you join the class.
Q: Can I be removed from Google Classroom by a teacher?
A teacher can remove students from Google Classroom. You will need to ask the teacher for a new invite or class code if you were removed from Google Classroom by a teacher.
Q: Will the work I have done be deleted when I unenroll?
Your work and grades are removed from a Google Classroom when you de-enroll. You can still access any files that you’ve saved to your Google Drive. Before you unenroll from a course, it is advisable to make copies or download any important work.
Q: Can you unenroll me from Google Classroom via the mobile app.
You can de-enroll in Google Classroom by using the app on Android or iOS. This article outlines the same process. Navigate to “People”, locate your name and tap the “More button” (three vertical dots) before selecting “Unenroll.”
It is easy to unenroll from Google Classroom in just a few steps. This step-by-step tutorial will help you unenroll from Google Classroom efficiently and manage your online learning environment. Remember to download or save any important files or work before you unenroll, because your grades and work will be removed when you unenroll. You can rejoin a course in the future by asking the teacher for a new class code or invitation.