Outlook is a well-known email client used around the world. But sometimes you may need to uninstall and reinstall its application due to corrupted files, software conflicts or simply wanting a fresh start. In this guide we’ll walk you through this process of uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook.
Before you begin the uninstallation process, make sure you have a backup of all important emails, contacts, and other data. After creating this backup, proceed with the steps below to completely uninstall Outlook:
To uninstall Outlook, begin by clicking on the Start menu and navigating to Settings > Apps. Scroll down until Outlook appears in your list of installed applications; click it, then click Uninstall to complete uninstallation.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
Once you’ve successfully uninstalled Outlook, follow these steps to reinstall it:
- To download Microsoft Office from their official website, sign in to your account and click “Install Office.”
- Select “Download” and follow the on-screen instructions to download the setup file for Office.
- Once the download is complete, double-click on the setup file to launch installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish setup and configure Outlook accordingly.
- Once Outlook is back up and running, you’ll need to configure it in order to start using it again.
Follow these steps for configuring Outlook:
To connect an email account in Outlook, begin by opening Outlook and clicking File/New Account. Fill in your email address and password then click Connect.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete configuration.
Uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook can be a daunting task, but sometimes necessary to fix software conflicts or start fresh. We hope this guide has made the process easier for you; always create a backup of important data before making any changes to your system. If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to leave a comment below.