Windows Professional or Enterprise versions usually offer the option to join a domain. Windows 10 Home Single Language is not officially supported by this feature. It’s designed for personal and home use. You can either upgrade to the professional version, which has this feature, or you can use a workaround.
Understanding Windows 10 Home Single Language
Windows 10 Home Single Language, also known as Windows 10 Home Single Language, is a variant of Windows 10 Home that was designed primarily for consumer devices. This version’s main feature is that the system can only run in a single language. It’s ideal for users without a need for multi-language support.
Windows 10 Home Single Language is designed to provide impressive performance, but it has its limitations. The Windows 10 Home Single Language is limited in that it does not allow users to join Active Directory Services or a Domain, which are features primarily designed for business or educational institutions.
Upgrade to Windows 10 Professional
Upgrade your Windows 10 Professional operating system if you need to join a domain urgently.
- Press Windows+I to open the Settings app.
- Click on ‘Update & security’.
- Select ‘Activation” on the left panel.
- Click on the “Go to Store” option in the Activation Page. The Microsoft Store will be opened with the option to upgrade Windows 10 Pro.
- Upgrade purchased. After the transaction has been completed, your system will begin the upgrade process. After the upgrade, you’ll have access to Domains and other professional features.
Windows 10 Professional: Joining a domain
After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro you can join an existing domain by following these steps:
How to join a domain
- Click on the “Start” button, then select “System”.
- Change settings by clicking on ‘System Info’.
- Click ‘Change in the dialog box that appears titled ‘System Properties.
- Select ‘Domains’ in the ‘Members of’ section and enter the domain name you wish to join.
- Click “OK”. You will be asked to enter your username and password for the domain.
- Click ‘OK’ once you have entered the domain. You should get a welcome email from the domain.
- Restart your computer and the changes will be applied.
You can still upgrade your home if you don’t have the budget to do so.
Remote Desktop Connect
This method does not directly connect your PC to the domain. However, it allows you remote access to another PC in the domain. Here’s how:
- Start Menu and search for Remote Desktop Connection.
- Enter the IP address or name of the computer that is connected to the domain in the “Computer” field.
- When prompted, click ‘Connect’ to enter your credentials.
Third Party Tools
There are third-party software solutions that can simulate a domain-like environment for Windows 10 Home versions, like JumpCloud Directory-as-a-Service. Before installing any third-party software, do thorough research and think about the security implications.
Windows 10 Home Single Language does not have the ability to join domains natively. However, this can be overcome by upgrading the OS or using alternative solutions. Before choosing the right path, it’s important to evaluate your needs and weigh out your options.